Capstone Report Card Week 5

09.25.2016 - 10.02.2016

What I was supposed to work on

This week I had assigned myself the task of working out what potential mechanics I could implement, regardless of it’s potential complexity of placement in the game. I would then go through each of the levels I have created for the story beats and events and specify what mechanics I should expect in each of them. This lets me visualize how the story and mechanics are paced throughout the game.

What I did work on

Luckily, I did manage to get some time to work out potential mechanics and plan them out throughout the game’s levels. I was also able to replace the character controller with a more efficient one I found online.

What went wrong and what I’m doing about it

All that said, it doesn’t feel like much work is being progressed. I did work on the character controller, replacing it with a much more efficient one that I found on the internet. This should let me iterate much more easily when adding new mechanics taht the character can do.

What’s next (10.02.2016 – 10.09.2016)

  • Write out as many detail mechanics
    • Jump over obstacle
      • Premade hole
      • Mortar round comes in and makes a hole
      • Electric cable thrashing about
      • Etc…
    • Communicate needs between both sides (get food, toss it over the wall, etc…)
  • Add two of the mechanics from the list of potential mechanics.
  • Whitebox the tutorial level with basic boxes/colliders to allow for basic gameplay
  • Adjust player controller for a better feel

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: